Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Comment on my colleague's blog: The Truth Of America

           As I had for this assignment to comment on one of my colleague blogs, I read almost everyone's blog and the one that interpellate me is the post of The Truth Of America: Is changing wages a good idea?
I believe that this question of raising the minimum wages is a very crucial one and that everyone need to give their opinions.
         Jesus Tovar made a very effective and persistent argument in his editorial. However, it is important for me to notify that low wages here would mean wages that can sustain to people’s need. Workers aspire to get wages that will help them fulfill their needs. No one is interested in working somewhere they are likely to receive low incomes. The US purchasing power has declined which make harder for American low wage worker to afford certain commodities; they would have to work for longer hours. My colleague emphasizes the fact that hardworking Americans are the only ones entitled to wages increase, but he does not seem to recognize that the effect of raising minimum wages would have an impact and will make “lazy” people get motivated and work hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment